Luxury Vinyl Tile & Plank
A Durable, Affordable, and Attractive Alternative
Luxury Vinyl Tile floors are a durable, affordable and attractive alternative to ceramic tile, natural stone and hardwood. Patterns can be created for a modern look with metallic styles or traditional looks with travertine and slate looks. Concept Flooring serves Atlanta, Milton, Alpharetta, Marietta, Johns Creek, Cumming GA.
Advantages to these floors include:
- ease on joints
- more quiet underfoot than most hard surfaces
- easy to maintain
- available in wide variety of styles, colors and sizes
- commercial and residential use
- real wood, tile and stone looks
- easier installation than ceramic or stone
Before you buy…
own this knowledge
- these floors should not be installed over existing resilient floors
- when using radiant heat flooring, the substrate should not exceed 85°F
- if not installed properly, the floors can look unsightly and not wear properly
- these floors can scratch and indentations can be made
- it is recommended that these floors not be exposed to too much sunlight
- drapes and window coverings are recommended during peak sunlight hours
- hot items like cigarettes and matches can burn the floors
Protect Your Floor
Floors should never be flooded with water or be allowed to have standing water. This can loosen the adhesive.
Care should be taken with heavy furniture and appliances. Furniture protectors should be used that are at least 2” in diameter. The hard and small buttons sometimes found on the bottom of chairs and other pieces of furniture should be removed. High heeled shoes also apply here.
Protect the floors from dirt and grit that can be tracked in by using walk off mats at every entrance.
Do not use rubber backed mats. Certain rubber compounds can permanently stain vinyl.
Never use vinegar, acetone or lacquer thinner to clean these floors.
For extreme staining like nail polish , paint, dye and permanent markers try applying fingernail polish remover that contains acetone, but is not pure acetone with a soft cloth and gently rub.
Spills should be removed immediately.
The floor should be swept, dust mopped or vacuumed on a regular basis.
Stubborn rubber heel marks can be removed with a soft cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
When the floor gets build up, consult the with the manufacturer’s recommended cleaner system to see if a stripper is available.